CIE Young Achiever Award (YAA) is a flagship program and we showcase talents of Asian students at the Annual Convention banquet. This event is still open until July 12, 2010. Do not miss this great opportunity for you or your kids.
2010 YAA Award Winners
|Student Name||Chinese Name||School|
|Bao, Emily||包汉美||The Hockaday School|
|Bu, Caroyln||卜晶晶||TX Academy of Math & Science|
|Chan, Kathy||陈郎诗||Newman Smith High School|
|Chen, Sarah||陈碧玉||Arlington High School|
|Chou, Vicky||周敏绮||Shepton High School|
|Du, Jack||杜金戈||Jasper High School|
|Fu, Timothy Weite||付伟德||TX Academy of Math & Science|
|Huang, Benjamin Chi||黄志元||TX Academy of Math & Science|
|Lee, Darien||李佳瑞||Vines High School|
|Li, Chengxi||Allen High School|
|Lin, Yu-Chun||林佑骏||Vines High School|
|Michaels, Tess P.||Plano West Senior High School|
|Qian, Yuxiao||钱宇逍||TX Academy of Math & Science|
|Song, Bonnie Kay||宋凯铃||Carroll Senior High School|
|Xiong, Yichao||熊一超||Plano East Senior High School|
|Ye, Colbert||叶明朗||Jasper High School|
|Zhang, Alexander||张寰猷||Jasper High School|
|Zhang, Lisa Tian-Tian||张田田||Plano West Senior High School|
|Zhao, Justin Xu||赵旭||TX Academy of Math & Science|
|Zhu, Jonathan Hong||朱宏宏||Jasper High School|
Instruction: How to participate 2010 Young Achiever Award Program?
The CIE Young Achiever Award (YAA) is part of the CIE Youth Programs held each year. It is designed to encourage the young generation of the CIE community to achieve academic excellence, to participate in extracurricular activities and community services, and to develop leadership skills in the early stage of their life. The YAA program achieves these goals through special recognition of the students who have demonstrated high level of excellence in the above areas, through recommendations from the various sources with which we could evaluate their achievements. This particular recognition has proven to be very beneficial to the YAA recipients in their applications to colleges and universities, as well as a powerful credential for their careers down the road.
The Chinese Institute of Engineers (CIE) DFW Chapter is kicking off the 2010 YAA program this week. The 2010 YAA Committee of CIE/USA-DFW is accepting applications from May 10, through July 12. Interested parents should encourage their students to apply for the YAA Award, to effectively increase their credibility in the college application process. The CIE membership is open to all working professionals in the fields of science, technology, engineering and management.
- The applicant must be enrolled in the 10th or 11th grade in a DFW area high school during the Spring 2010 semester.
- The applicant’s class ranking must be within the top 10% in the Spring of 2010.
- The parent of the applicant must be a current member of CIE/USA-DFW Chapter. Join CIE-DFW
- Past YAA award recipients are not eligible
Criteria of Award Recipient Selection:
- Academic performance (GPA and Ranking): 30%
- Community services and extracurricular activities participation: 40%
- Personal aspiration – Biography: 15%
- Recommendation from teacher of your current school: 7%
- Community Service Leader’s or extracurricular advisor’s recommendation: 8%
Forms to Fill and Submit
- 2010 Young Achiever Award Application Form
- Applicant’s Biography – a personal essay
- Official High Schooland College academic records
- School Teacher’s Recommendation letter
- Community Service Leader’s or extracurricular advisor’s recommendation letter
- Applicant’s recent portrait picture (passport style)