The Young Achiever Award (YAA) is one of the flagship programs of CIE/USA-DFW Chapter. The YAA is designed to encourage the younger generation of CIE members to achieve high academic performance, develop leadership skills, develop strong interest in science and engineering, and excel in extracurricular and community volunteer activities to enable them to achieve the greatest possible impact in our community. These well-rounded skills will enable them become strong leaders in this very competitive global market place.
CIE/USA-DFW is honored to have the professionals from various industries to serve as judges in selecting the YAA recipients. All the 18 award recipients were recognized to be truly outstanding based on their extraordinary achievements in academic performance, demonstration of exemplary leadership and voluntary involvement in community activities.
Impressive accolades of the 2014 award recipients include:
- Intel International Science and Engineering Fair (ISEF) – 3rd Place
- National Chemistry Olympiad – Finalist
- 1st place – DECA International Development Career Conference (2013 and 2014)
- International Sustainable World Energy, Engineering, Environment Project award (ISWEEEP) 4th Award with $2000 Engineering Scholarship
- Exxon Mobil Texas Science and Engineering Fair – 1st place and 5th place
- Siemens Competition – Semifinalist
- 1st Place – UIL Mathematics
- Robert Avalon International Competition for Composers, MTNA, TMTA, Winner
- One recipient has perfect SAT or ACT score
- Three recipient have class rankings of top three in their respective schools.
- Winner of 2014 First Future Innovator Award
- Grand Prize Austin Energy Regional Science Fair
- Texas Swimming UIL All-District Team (2013, 2014)
- Austin Symphony Orchestra Performance of Original Composition in April 2014
- Publication in Green Materials Scientific Journal
The award recipients received their awards at the dinner banquet of the 25th Anniversary Annual Convention.
Dance Performance by YAA recipient Heather Xiao at CIE/USA-DFW 25th Anniversary Convention
Piano Performance by YAA recipient Kevin Wei at CIE/USA-DFW 25th Anniversary Convention
Cecelia Smith, Vice president and General Manager of Mixed Signal Automotive at Texas Instruments, presented the YAA at CIE/USA-DFW 25th Anniversary Convention
Bob Shapard, CEO and Chairman of Oncor Electric Delivery, presented the YAA at CIE/USA-DFW 25th Anniversary Convention
David Partido, Diversity Lead at Lockheed Martin, presented the YAA at CIE/USA-DFW 25th Anniversary Convention
First Young Achiever Association Reunion in 2013
For detailed eligibility and application information, please download the following forms: